Privacy & Cookies Policy
Who operates the Website?
The Website is operated by Ett Hem Ltd , a company incorporated in England and Wales (company registration number 13894766) whose registered office address is at 3, 43 Upper Clapton Road, E5 8AY, London, UK.
The internet is not a secure medium therefore we cannot accept responsibility for an unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our reasonable control. However, we employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server. We use a Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure which is the HTTPS part of our website URL. This means that all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.
What type of information is collected?
The following categories of personal data will be collected about you in connection with your interaction with us and use of our services including, but not limited to, when you purchase products on our Services, you complete forms on our Services, and when you visit one of our stores in person.
Information you give us
- Your registration and transaction details: title, name, address, any other delivery addresses, email address, telephone number, date of birth, billing and card payment details.
- Purchase and transaction history.
- Information about your computer. When you visit our Website, our web server automatically collects anonymous information such as log data and IP addresses, and may collect general information concerning your location, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation. We may use this information in several ways, for example, improving our web site, product range, marketing and service.
How do we collect your information?
We collect, process and retain information from you when you:
- navigate to the Website on any device by transacting, by registering an account with us and otherwise interacting with us.
- interact or engage with us on social media
- meet us physically at an event, when you enter a giveaway or when you subscribe to our database. This information will only be collected with your permission.
- sign up to receive any marketing correspondence by post and/or electronically.
- enter your details on a product waiting list.
- call customer services with an enquiry, comment, complaint or to make a transaction.
There is no requirement for you to provide us with such information in order to use the Website. However, if you decide to withhold certain information requested by us, you may not be able to visit all sections of the Website or buy our products from the Website.
What do we use your information for?
We use the information gathered on the Website or provided to us by you, to enable us to provide you with access to all parts of the Website and to process any orders you may make. If you provide information to this Website, we will not sell, share or rent your personal information to third parties, but we may use it for our own purposes in order to:
- administer and run the Website;
- complete your purchase transactions and send you goods purchased;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- provide the services you request;
- send you our catalogues and other marketing communications relating to our business by mail if you have opted in to receive them;
- send you email notifications if you have opted in to our email mailing list
- identify your preferences, so that we can notify you of other Layered Lounge products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you
- deal with any enquiries and complaints you may have relating to the Website.
- contact you by phone call or SMS text should we need to discuss any issues pertaining to your browsing, assist you with a purchase or any order issues
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation)
For the prevention of fraud and crime we may share your information with a law enforcement body when we are required to do so.
How long will we hold your information?
We will retain your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is required to be able to provide the services to you. Customer transaction history will be kept for a maximum of five years after which the information will be deleted.
Who do we share your information with?
We will never sell, trade or rent any of your information to any third party.
Third party contractors may sometimes have limited access to information collected on the Website in order to provide products or services to us, for example:
- hosting and maintenance of the Website;
- credit card processors
- email marketing
- courier services to fulfil orders you place with us.
- social media advertising
Social Media Advertising
What types of Cookies do we use?
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are required for the website to run and cannot be switched off. Such cookies are only set in response to actions made by you such as language, currency, login session, privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block these cookies but this might affect the way our site is working.
These cookies allow us to measure visitors traffic and see traffic sources by collecting information in data sets. They also help us understand which products and actions are more popular than others. Information gathered by these Cookies is anonymous and strictly for the purpose of enhancing the performance of our site and creating a better user experience for you.
These cookies enable our website to offer additional functions and personal settings. They can be set by us or by third-party service providers that we have placed on our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, these or some of these services may not work properly.
These cookies are usually set by our marketing and advertising partners. They may be used by them to build a profile of your interest and later show you relevant ads. If you do not allow these cookies you will not experience targeted ads for your interests.
Whilst we do not need your consent to store and access essential cookies, you can still block them. Please see link here on how to manage your preferences.
We can only store and access non-essential cookies on your device with your consent. You do not have to give your consent to our use of these non-essential cookies but if you do consent you can always change your mind later and delete any cookies that have been placed by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page.
We may amend this Cookies Policy from time to time. Please refer to this Cookies Policy regularly.
How do I change my Cookies Preferences?
You can manage your Cookies Preferences in a few ways:
1. When you access our website you should be presented with a pop up asking you to accept, decline or manage your preferences. Whilst this will typically only present itself on you first visit, you may be presented with it again if you have subsequently deleted cookies from your browser.
2. You can visit our Cookies Preferences by clicking on the button at the bottom of this policy and amending your preferences accordingly.
How to Subscribe
Should you wish to receive email notifications from us which include information about new products, special discounts, events and any other information we think you would like to be informed of relating to Layered Lounge Ltd then please go to our website and enter your details in the sign-up box.
If you wish to subscribe to our catalogue please also do so on our website or send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07710465580 during working hours.
How to Unsubscribe
The personal data you submit may be used for marketing purposes. We may send catalogues and promotional emails to you with information on our products that we fell may be of interest.
If you would like to unsubscribe from our emails then simply click on the unsubscribe link which appears at the bottom of every email. Please allow 3 working days for this to take effect since some promotions may already be in place when you do so.
If you wish to be removed from our catalogue mailing list please contact us via the contact details below:
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from our email list, we may still contact you in the event of discussing an order you might have place or an out of product stock waiting list you might have signed up to.
If at any time, you feel that Layered Lounge has mishandled your information in any way, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). You can either visit their website here or call their helpline: 0303 123 1113.
BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY OR ANY OF ITS TERMS YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE WEBSITE AND SHOULD CEASE TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
Please manage your Cookie Preferences here.